Mind Body Wellness Clinic
Acupuncture Everton Park: Facial Acupuncture
Constitutional Facial Rejuvenation Treatments
Developed by Mary Wakefield, now available in Everton Park Constitutional Facial Acupuncture is a treatment for renewing the face as well as the whole body. Fine lines may soften or even erased, deeper lines reduced and bags around neck and eyes firmed.
Fine needles are placed at a variety of acupuncture points on the face, neck and around the eyes to stimulate the body’s natural energies. Since muscle groups are addressed with the acupuncture points, the face appears lifted. The needles also stimulate blood and circulation, which improves facial color.
- Improves acne (caused by hormonal imbalance)
- Helps menopause, perimenopause, PMS and other GYN issues
- Helps sinus congestion and headache
- Improves hyper- and hypothyroidism
- Reduces symptoms of toothache, TMJ, trigeminal neuralgia, and Bell’s palsy
- Helps headaches (except severe migraine)
- Treats diarrhea and constipation (most digestive issues)
- Helps to eliminate edema and puffiness
- Benefits eyes, ears and brain
- Can help insomnia and dizziness
- Helps depression and aids self-esteem
- Improves collagen production and muscle tone
- Helps reduce bags and sagging tendencies
- Helps eliminate fine lines and diminish larger wrinkles
- Helps reduce double chin and lift drooping eyelids
- Improves metabolism
- Tightens pores and brightens eyes
- Increases local blood and lymph circulation
- Improves facial color
- Reduces stress and promotes total health and well-being
Is Facial Acupuncture for Everyone?
- Severe high blood pressure (it is OK when the blood pressure is under control and the patient is seeing a medical doctor)
- Severe migraines (if the patient is having a migraine only once every 3 months or so, they can receive facial acupuncture treatments)
- Be aware that it takes a patient 3 weeks to recover from laser resurfacing on the face. Do not needle during that time; wait a week after microdermabrasion.
Do not perform during:
- colds or flu;
- acute herpes outbreak; or
- acute allergic reactions
In the latter 3 instances, once the condition has passed, the patient may receive a facial acupuncture treatment.
How Long is the Treatment?
Constitutional Facial Acupuncture™ involves the patient in an organic process, in which a series of treatments is necessary to achieve maximal effect. After an initial session, practitioner evaluates the patient’s response, and then can determine the number of follow-up visits that will be required:
After this evaluation, and taking into consideration other variables such as stress, diet, lifestyle, genetic inheritance, proper digestion and elimination, sleep, emotional balance, and age, the following durations of treatment are customarily recommended:
- Usually 12-15 treatments;
- 20 treatments for smokers or people whose skin tends to sag, i.e., who manifest jowls, “turkey wattles,” droopy eyes, etc.
It should be noted that age is not as crucial as might be estimated; an older patient with a healthy lifestyle may in fact have a better prognosis than a younger person who is prone to dissipate themselves.
- 1 treatment per week, 90 minutes
Maintenance Treatments: Within the normal parameters of aging, the completion of a series of treatments should be effective. To ensure the persistence of the results, ongoing maintenance treatments are recommended:
- Every 2 weeks for 2 months following the completion of a treatment series, then once a month for an indefinite amount of time;
- Of course, the patient can also embark upon a subsequent series after a week’s respite
The Use of Chinese Herbs
The Constitutional Facial Acupuncture™ treatment protocol incorporates Chinese herbal masks, poultices and moisturizers. Jade rollers may enhance blood circulation, remove fine lines and age spots, and prevent premature aging, and are used to massage moisturizer into the skin. The ancient empresses of China used jade as a precious stone to be worn, not only around their necks, but also to attract yin and nourishment into their skin. The stone served a double purpose of promoting beauty and for magical protection.
Short and Long-Term Effects of Facial Acupuncture
After the first treatment, one usually observes an increased glow to the complexion. The person’s face appears more “open”, there is a clarity in the eyes (“clear Shen”), and the patient appears to be more rested; wrinkles start to lessen and the skin appears more toned.
A significant difference in their appearance can be ascertained following the 5th to 7th treatments; even more marked changes in wrinkles, skin tone, etc. The impression of relaxation and calm is more pronounced; they appear as if they have returned from vacation. Lifting of the jowls, neck and the eyes has begun and is usually noticeable. With continuing treatment, constitutional issues like digestive complaints have been ameliorated or subsided.
By the end of a series, the patient should look and feel rejuvenated. These results may vary slightly, depending upon how well the patient has taken care of themselves during the process, and afterward. At this stage, booster treatments provide ongoing support within a normal process of aging.
Constitutional Facial Acupuncture™ is non-invasive, less costly than surgical procedures, and draws upon the ancient Chinese wisdom relatedto longevity, beauty and balance.
*Mind Body Wellness Acupuncture Clinic in Everton Park services the surrounding areas of: Everton Park, Stafford, Mc Dowall, Arana Hills, Enoggera, Alderley.